The AeroPress is the perfect way to get into home brewing your coffee. It's cheaper than an espresso machine, around €30-35, and you can bring it to work, on holidays, anywhere. Below is the way we like to make our coffee using an AeroPress but feel free to change things around, more coffee, different grind, longer/shorter brew time, until you find the best coffee way to brew the coffee for you.
- Aeropress brewer
- Aeropress filter
- 17g coffee beans
- Aeropress paddle or wooden paddle
- Tapio Cup
- Weigh out and grind 17g of coffee beans as fine as table salt.
- Place filter in basket and wash with hot water to remove paper flavour. Pour hot water in the brewer and your Tapio cup to warm everything up.
- Discard rinse water from brewer and Tapio cup. Affix basket to bottom of the brew chamber and add the coffee grind to the brewer.
- Place funnel in Tapio cup and then put brewer into funnel.
- Begin timer once you start pouring hot water into brewer. Saturate all coffee grounds in 10-15 seconds. Continue pouring till the scales hits 220g or the No. 4 on the brewer if no scales available.
- Stir coffee brew with paddle and place plunger on the brew chamber and pull slightly to create pressure seal.
- At 1:15, remove seal and give brew another stir. Replace plunger and gently start to press down until all the liquid was been removed.
- Remove AeroPress and enjoy in your Tapio Cup.